Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weigh-in

Well, last Wednesday showed a loss of .4 pounds.

After 3 weeks of running my butt off and eating right and not losing, this would have been followed by a week of eating all the foods I've deprived myself of and not exercising a bit.

But I had taken my food journal into Weight Watchers with me, and stayed after the meeting to talk to the leader. She suggested that I stop drinking a 3rd of my points -- 2 EAS low-carb, protein shakes (3 points each) and 2 cups of sugar-free coffee at night for dessert (5 points) and eat those points instead.

So I mustered all of my waning self-discipline and motivation and did just what she said. For breakfast and lunch, I ate string cheese and chicken salad and for dessert I had 1 or 2 1-point no sugar added fudgsicles. Over the weekend I dipped into my points allowance (used 8 of my 49) and treated myself to WW desserts (peanut butter cup sundae, praline turtle sundae, and  chocolate chip cookie dough sundae -- 4 points each).

I ate a salad almost every weekday, watched my sodium intake, and drank more than the required water.

I also earned myself 33 exercise points which I did not eat. (Jog/power walked 15.5 miles, and an accumulated 1 hour 45 minutes medium-intensity step aerobics which I do in chunks).

My home scale (which is approx 6 pounds less than Weight Watchers) says I lost 1 pound, maybe 2. It's hard to tell as it's not digital. Last week, I weighed in at 153. After 4 weeks of not losing, I was really hoping to see 149.9 today, hoping that my body adjusted and dropped a big number.

If I only lost 1 pound, I will be extremely discouraged. I am so far behind from reaching my goal of 133 by my 33rd birthday, it's not even funny.  I will probably have to readjust my goal to be 33 on my home scale, which will put me under 140, something I've not been in 12 years, and even then only maintained for a few months (moved and stopped dieting).

And I haven't decided if I will cut my eating points or eat more of my points allowance. Eat more? Eat less? I'm honestly not sure at this point. I do know that I have almost no motivation to keep pushing myself physically anymore if I don't start seeing the pounds go down.

I don't understand why this is so difficult. I'm finally motivated and in the right place mentally to actually achieve and maintain my goal, and now body refuses to cooperate. :(

PS -- I will try to remember to post my weight when I get back from weight watchers. Depending if I have to go to work right after, it may be in 2 hours of 7. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment