Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dissapointments


Didn't go to WW today because of course the scale was up. Hopefully it will be down by Friday, my new weigh-in day.

Watched the season finale of biggest loser. Can't believe they are replacing Jillian with some Maxim twig who's never had a weight problem. Is it turning into the Biggest Anorexic show? I'm so glad that I'd decided when I first found Jillian was leaving that it was my last season.

Tried to run 2 miles under 20 minutes. Failed miserably. 2:03. I need to give up on my goal of running my first 5K race under 30 minutes. :(

Got in fight with husband who doesn't understand my frustration or self-consciousness at all, and tried to cheer me up by saying that's about how fast he ran in 8th grade -- a short, asthmatic kid. Then when I tried to explain why I was upset with BL and how they are (will be) one more voice among the 100's a day that say bones are sexy, curves are fat against his one voice saying curves are sexy, bones are not, his reply was he felt like he was talking to a brick wall and that I should just "tune them out".

Somehow I seriously doubt when (and if) I can ever see my shoulder blades or my spine that he will say I'm too thin or not sexy (unless of course I lose my boobs to get that thin -- that he would notice. Bones? I doubt it.)

PS -- I should note that I was very happy to see Olivia win. I wanted either her or Irene. And was almost in tears to see Jillian's standing ovation! Go Jillian -- I hope you come back. And you will be greatly missed!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Want to mention that hubby apolygized for his insensitive comments and said he was more frustrated with himself for feeling helpless to take away my insecurities than frustrated with me for having them. He is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete