Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weight Watchers 5K

So I earned my WW 5K charm today -- woo-hoo!

Very excited. I initially started out with the walkers (since I can't run the whole way) and as I saw these two girls in the lead get farther and farther ahead, I completely regretted it. And so then I decided, maybe, just maybe, exp if they drop down to a walk for bit, I can catch up to them.

So I took off...and caught up with them! I was so psyched. Turns out the one is just starting out jogging so I could actually walk to keep up with them (the other girl does 10 minute mile races but was there to encourage her friend.) So even though I wasn't pushed past any limits, I def got in a medium intensity workout (we completed it in 44.5 minutes).

Yesterday, I went to the same track and did 2.6 (the length of the track) in 26 minutes, so I am really thinking that I could pull of a 5K under 30 minutes even though I have to stop and walk intervals. So I am really considering entering my first race which competes one week from today. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment