Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wedding Plans Moving Ahead

I just may pull this off.

I am so excited.

Try pulling an elegant Wedding off for $2000 in 2 months and 17 days.
[The picture is of an engagement ring set inside the wedding band.]

The only thing I am waiting on before sending out invitations is for the Venue to get back to me. I called a million times yesterday but no answer and even left messages saying "I want to give you money!" Actually, I just said I want to put down a deposit, I do realize they probably don't want their beautiful mansion overtaken by a psycho.

But anyway....I stripped all my grand ideas and plans down to what I really wanted which  is the photographer and the setting. I found a photographer. And I am stunned. I was really thinking I wouldn't find what I wanted for under $1000, but I did. I am so excited. I love her work. She has very similar vision as I (I'm a semi-professional wedding and portrait photographer),  and I am so confident to have her shoot my wedding.

Second is the beautiful stone mansion (hereafter referred to as the castle) I wanted to get married at the first moment I saw it. Outside a authentic castle in Europe, I've not seen anything as beautiful as this.

I am going to be a princess for a day, and have the photographs to remember it for always. :)

If the mansion/castle doesn't have the date I'm looking for (the year anniversary of when we first met-in-person), I will book it on a random Friday. I'd say earlier but I probably won't be at goal, so I guess later, but hopefully not so late the leaves turn. I want the garden lush and green.

Oh, and after 4 hours of searching, I found the ring. Woo-hoo. That is not to say, it only took 4 hours. It's taken months, but then took 4 hours on Internet searching for the same one 50% less. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment