Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Extreme Emotional Rollarcoaster

So I'm already panicky about the whole house thing and my mom calls to tell me a friend knows 3 people who were forclosed upon and then evicted without notice and all thier furniture and stuff confiscated. Naturally, this threw me into a panic and called legal aid to find out if that was true. No one was answering thier phones or calling me back, so I smoked 2 cigarettes, trying to stave off the tears, wondering if I would return home from work to find the locks had been changed.

A few hours later, and another cigarette later, I am told that no, I have to be served notice first and that I have about 30 - 60 days before that happens.

*huge sigh of relief*

So.....when I do get home that night, though still emotionally wrung out as though traumatized, I find in my inbox a contract from an agent who wants to represent my book! And she will be pitching it this weekend at a conference! Woo-hoo! Lol, I will be the Christian version of rags-to-riches like JK Rowling.

Homeless, single mom writes best-selling fantasy novel, now lives in castle.

(ok, maybe that' s dreaming a bit)

But could a day get any more extreme in its highs and lows???

I haven't been to the gym since last thrusday. Hopefully, I will go tonight.  

1 comment:

  1. That it awesome, the book part, I mean :) I hope that the conference goes well and it's the start of an upward swing for your life.

    ReplyDelete