Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weight Watchers Wednesday


So the starvation mode experiment post was written over a week ago, but only published Monday. That being said, my weight dropped approx 5 pounds in a week, then went up 3 a few days later overnight...the morning of which I was super excited to attend my first weight watchers meeting since before Christmas. (I'd gained and wanted to resume once I'd shed the holiday fat.)

Much discouragement as I wanted to see the scale say 149.9 and all it said was 153.4. A loss of .4 since my last meeting. So i then engaged in a two-day internal debate as to should I continue on starvation mode or should I try to eat my points (and do weight watchers right), and studied how to break thru plateaus, which includes dropping your calories by 100 or 200 which I couldn't do if I was already only at 750.

I therefore came to the conclusion to do my points (29) for a week, keep my cardio the same (around 3 miles a day, some days more, plus light strength training), and see if I drop. My meeting is tomorow. I am hoping for 149.9. I will be terribly dissapointed if I only get 151.4 only becuase that is what last week's weight was Tuesday Morning. (Wednesday I woke up and was up two pounds!). So I would like to hope that it was somehow water weight I've kept on for the entire week and have lost an additional 2 pounds.

Hey, I can hope.

If I am still 153 (which the scale said this morning and every morning this week, well, actually it's said 147 but it is 6 pounds off from Weight Watchers), I am going back to starvation mode. And that experiment will resume. If I weigh in at 149.9, I will stick with the points.

One thing I am excited about is I'm going to buy the Weight Watchers Pedometer which counts your points, becuase I am hoping I am underestimating my energy. We shall see.

Cross your fingers for me. I weigh in at 9:45 tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment