Thursday, April 28, 2011

Swim Suit Motivation

So the other day, I was getting ready to shoot a wedding, and instead of the regular black vest I usually wear over my white button down shirt, I decided on a more flowy vest with no buttons which I tied in a knot under my boobs. Turns out, it was absolutely adorable. And my first thought was -- wow, this would make an awesome bathing suit cover.

Now, I usually wear a tankini -- with a skirt like above, but with a full shirt-like top. But now that I'm not single, I'd like to eye-candy for my husband if and when we're at the beach or pool rather than be all covered up and every other girl be eye-candy.

So, the problem is, even if I were to reach my goal weight (133 by 33), I can't wear a bikini because of my stomach. I had my son when I was 19, he was on the bigger side and 2 weeks late. I have a saggy, wrinkly, stretched out lower abs (I can't wear low rise jeans, sexy panties, etc), and a deformed belly button (it basically looks like a vertical line surrounded by stretch marks). I've wanted plastic surgery since 19 but alas, I am a poor girl. I had hoped to get it by 30th birthday, but faced foreclosure instead. And now, my goal is in time for next summer, while I still look young enough to pull off a bikini and low-rise jeans.

But anyway, I digress....

So I have to wear a tankini bottom or a bikini bottom that sits at or above my belly button. I really like the idea of a flowy skirt above (which she is obviously wearing very low, but I have a short torso and they've always sat at the right spot on belly button) with a bikini top. And paired with my black vest, I think that regardless of whether I make it to my goal weight (133) or my consolation weight (139), I can see myself walking on the beach with confidence.

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment