Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pizza Addict

Ahhhhhh!

Ok, pizza has been my fav food since I was 14.

It was ALWAYS cheese pizza. Somehow, just last year, hubby got me onto pepperoni pizza. So now I can't eat plain pizza, it tastes like some thing's missing. I would rather skip the calories if just plain, then eat pepperoni-less pizza.

So every Friday night (which turned into every Friday AND Saturday night) is pizza and a movie night. We are broke, and so Little Caesar's is our pizza of choice. So then one time, hubby decides to get some bread sticks (which are just ok to me) like he does every now and then and eats with the marinara sauce. But then he decides to try the jalapeno sauce.

Oh my gosh!!!!!!

I've something else to be addicted to. Not only do I eat my half of pizza (4 slices), but now I eat half an order of bread sticks dipped in sauce, pizza crust dipped in sauce, sauce right out of the little tub....

After a few weekends, I know this is wreaking havoc on my already futile diet. So, I realize I am now craving the jalapeno sauce more than pizza. So then I eat quarter of pizza and half bread sticks. No weight loss. So then I eat only bread sticks (an entire package). No weight loss.

So, on April 8th, son leaves for usual every-other-weekend with his father, and I realize that for next 5 weekends he has plans -- dad's, spring break with cousins out of state, dad's, camping with cousins, dad's. Hubby is not the pizza addict. I have 5 straight weekends where no pizza is feasible.

So --first weekend, I make stromboli with lean ground beef and 2% mozz and low sugar spaghetti sauce in low carb tortilla thingy. Next night, I make sloppy joe, open faced, on low carb sandwich thins.

Then we hungry sometime Sunday. We'd already eaten dinner. And I realize there is one container of Little Caesars jalapeno sauce left from the previous weekend. And then I get an idea.

Jalapeno Cheddar quesadias.

Carb balance tortilla, sprayed with olive oil and dusted with garlic powder. Half tub of cheese spread, then 1/4 cup mozz cheeze. Then covered with another tortilla, also sprayed and dusted. Then grilled in frying pan, then cut into triangles and dipped in remainder of jalapeno sauce.

450 calories. Approx 20 grams fat. And out of this world delicious and satisfies my craving for that jalapeno sauce!


This from the girl who consumed 80 grams fat just on Friday pizza/bread stick night alone, not to mention whatever yummy deliciousness was for dessert. The calories were probably in the 2000, if not 3000 for the whole day. And I did it atleast 2 days, if not 3. Evey week.

Anyway, point is, I've found my substitute for pizza. This past weekend was the first to eat if Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for dessert. It is delicious, and I'm super excited. It solidifies in my mind that I can and I will make it 5 straight weekends without pizza.

So my goal for the weekends is to be the same weight Monday morning as I was Friday morning, and know that my walk/jog Monday is for that week's goal.



Will I be able to eat only that while son and hubby eat pizza after that? I don't know. But my focus right now is on the next 5 weeks, and tyring to jumpstart my weight loss and lose as much as possible in that time frame. And then take it from there. What I will tell you is, it will only be Friday night pizza when my sons returns. If I treat myself Friday, so be it. But it's quesadiilas for me after that, and I'll cook them up something yummy but non-pizza sat and sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment