Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekend Binge Eating


Add about 25 pounds (and brown hair) plus 3 more slices, an order of crazy bread with jalepeno cheddar sauce and that would be a picture of me Friday night and Saturday night and sometimes even Sunday night as well.

And since weekends are "treat days" from the diet, throw in all manner of high fat fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday and Sunday...french fries (loaded), sandwhich melts (toasted with cheeses, bacon, and beef), milkshakes, etc.

Now, when I was younger, I could still lose 2 pounds a week doing this. But the last few years, my weight has not really moved much (unless I jog 3+ miles daily) and even then it's so slow that I get discouraged and give up.

My weekend eating is very emotional. I eat to celebrate / feel good (date with hubby, pizza and movie w/ the fam, etc.). I eat for stress, when I'm down, when I feel discouraged. There's also this thing that kicks into gear for the weekend, that you'd think basically says: Monday you are going back on your diet, so eat everything you possibly can between now and then, because who knows when you can eat anything sweet again (um...that would only be 5 days away).

I've struggled with this mentality since my teen years, but even more over the last few years where I assume age is making it impossible to lose weight and continue this way.

For the past several months, I've tried so hard to satisfy my urge/craving/desire for pizza and still stick to my diet. First I would make my own pizza on low carb thins rolls -- did not taste like pizza, so needless to say didn't work. Then I would try to only eat the top of the pizza (hey, if I don't eat the crust I'm still on Atkins, right?), didn't work. I'd always end up eating atleast one person's crust (hubby and son still eating regular pizza in front of me) and then start craving carbs soooooo badly. I tried eating less pizza (only 2 slices instead of four) and eating it sooooooo slowly to let it last. Still wasn't working.

If I ate pizza I showed a gain.

Every friday morning for last few months my weight hoovered around 150. Every monday morning, my weight hoovered around 155-158). Week in, week out.

One of the reasons I sat in my car for 2 hours instead of using that time in the gym was because I knew my weight wouldn't go anywhere without getting my weekend eating under control. And since I HATE cardio, I was not going to waste my time.    

I am pizza addict. I live for the weekends just to eat pizza.

I haven't had pizza in over 2 weeks/weekends!

How?

I'll tell you tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment