Saturday, June 4, 2011

Not quite a binge


So, being very discouraged with only a .2 weight loss, I decided to go out to dinner with my hubby. I got dressed up, even did my hair, and we went to a pizza restaurant. I had 3 slices of a med pepperoni pizza, plus split an appetizer (i had a few onion rings and 1 1/2 chicken tenders dipped in honey mustard. Then, realizing that they didn't have the dessert I really wanted, we went to TGIF and split the brownie obsession (minus the pecans). Amazingly, I was not stuffed. I didn't overeat. It was fattening foods to be sure, but I didn't stuff myself silly and felt satisfied.

I got home and pointed it out and realized I still had 35 of my 49 points left (had alot of daily's left too). I was quite impressed.

Today we went kayaking for an hour, and then went food shopping. Since WW in April, I've not been in eating high fat foods all weekend long (pizza every night, etc.), but I woke up wanting a weekend off. I wanted my venti white mocha from Starbucks, I wanted a chic-fillet cookies and cream milkshake. I wanted pizza and chocolate cake. You get the picture.

So I ended up getting a rising crust pepperoni pizza, to eat half tonight and half tomorrow (he got supreme). I also got a slice of triple colossal chocolate cake -- and oh my gosh, it looks delicious. But hey, I bought a slice, not a whole cake (which would be devoured over the weekend). With his supreme pizza came 12 chocolate chip cookies you bake in the oven -- my absolute favorite, which we are going to split for tomorrow night's dessert.

I have decided I will point all this, even though I know it will def come over my 49. BUT, for a weekend off, I don't think it's that bad. I'm not binging. I'm not eating to the point of feeling stuffed. I'm not eating everything in sight. In fact, when I got hungry for lunch, I cut myself up some red pepper and ate it dipped in calorie-free dressing.

So even though I am taking a weekend off, which was totally unplanned and wouldn't have happened had I lost this week, I think I am doing it smart. Will I regret it Monday morning? I don't know. Will I regret it Friday morning at weigh-in if I lose nothing? Probably. Will I regret it if I gain? Definitely. But I have all week to burn it off, and since I'm going to point it, I will at least know how many exercise points I have to earn to make up for some of it. I don't really expect to gain. We'll see.

I'm already up to 8 points today. I'm going to hit at least 10, probably 12. (I'm doing high-impact step aerobics with weights while watching Australia Biggest Loser episodes on YouTube). Yesterday I did 8 points, despite laying on the couch for over an hour too unmotivated to get up and do anything after coming home from weigh-in.  7 is my usual max. 4 is my minimum. I usually hit 42 a week. I think I'll aim for 55, but at least 50 and see what the scale says Friday.

And now, back to Biggest Loser and my step (while carrying 26 pounds in a back pack -- the weight I've lost). Then off to my pizza dinner and delicious chocolate cake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment