Friday, June 3, 2011

bikini dreams

Well, apparently despite freezing and just exiting out of the screen without a confirmation, the bikini order was still placed. *sigh*

I am going away on a mini-weekend vacation with my hubby over the 4th of July weekend. That's what I was ordering it for. I no i will probably feel good in it WITH the vest/wrap, but whether or not I will take that out and go swimming I've no idea (which was part of my exercise plan to maintain/not gain over the vacation).

Of course, you also have the problem of ordering a swimsuit online and it not fitting. I only paid for standard shipping so no idea if I have time to send it back and get another size if it doesn't fit, but I'm not too worried about that. I ordered the bottom in a size 10. I'm between an 8 and a 10 at the moment, but as slow as I lose weight, I don't think it will be baggy. Besides, I need the extra fabric to cover my tummy and fit nice on my hips (love handles) instead of indenting them in and creating a roll. The top I ordered in a D, which is exactly my bra size. It actually has an underwire and says D rather than medium or large and you can adjust both the neck and the band, so hopefully it will both cover the girls and hold them nicely in place.

Here are some pics....if anyone even reads this blog and wants to see. Regardless of how it fits, when it comes in, I will post pics with and without the wrap. Hopefully by then, I'll have some visitors who will let me know if I should wear it, or if there's no way in the world my body should see the light of day in a bikini.


This is the top. You can see the pads in this one, but they are only available in sizes A - C, so hopefully mine (D) will be smother. I'm just glad it's an underwire. I've never actually had a bathing suit made for a D.



This is the bottom. It says that rouching can be pulled down to create a skirt effect. I'm hoping that means it can also be pulled up to hide some/most of my tummy, which is why I chose this bottom to begin with. I don't have a long torso anyway, so most things sit higher on me than models, so hopefully it sits just at my navel. (Scroll down a post to see pics of tummy and why it needs to be hidden.)

No comments:

Post a Comment